The Concordia University from the faculty of arts and science is planning a competition for the Barry Pashak Postdoctoral Fellowship in Social Justice. They are planning to organize this postdoctoral fellowship in canada for international students in partnership with Social Justice Centre
The offer includes 1-year research Postdoc fellowships in Canada for international students at the Social Justice Centre at Concordia University in Montreal (downtown campus). Based on the performance the position can be extended for over 12 months. The payable amount is CAD 52,000 (including benefits).
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Concordia University, Canada
Fellowship Type: Post Doc Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Concordia University, Canada
Fellowship Worth: CAD 52,000 (including advantages)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Group: Postdoctoral
Nationality: Home & International Students
More Information| Postdoctoral Fellowship at Concordia University
The main task of the individual will be to take forward their research project and the topic must be related to social justice.
Moreover, the individual must provide a presentation on their research during the academic year, show enthusiasm for the activities of the center, and must schedule an event aligned to their research.
No teaching is associated with this defined position.
In this fellowship, social justice is explained extensively including questions connected to the distribution of wealth, power, opportunities, and privileges within a society as well as across societies.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Canada for international students |
To qualify for the postdoc fellowships at Concordia University, Canada the national, as well as international students, should satisfy the below criteria:
- Candidates must be domestic or international students
- Students from any discipline in social sciences or humanities, that can make noteworthy contributions to research on social justice can apply.
- The postdoc is open to students who have recently been granted a Ph.D. or equivalent (within the last 5 years, unless particular cases apply).
- Candidates must be fluent in English oral and written communication
Postdoctoral fellowship in Canada for international students | Application Instructions
How to Apply for Postdoctoral fellowships in Canada for international students : Necessary Documents should be emailed to sjc@concordia. Please attach a single, bookmarked PDF including the documents listed below.
Please make sure you maintain the same order as mentioned below.
- Academic CV
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Research Proposal (2 pages). Description of your research project during the fellowship. This project should be compulsorily on a topic related to social justice
- Two letters of recommendation. These letters should concentrate on your proposed research. They should be emailed by the referee or via a dossier service to the same above address for documents ([email protected]).
The selected individual must fulfill the conditions to become a postdoctoral fellow at Concordia University. To legally work in Canada, International Postdoctoral Fellows should get a Canadian work permit before arriving in Canada.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Canada | Application Last Date: May 15, 2022